Went to an event yesterday to talk to pregnant women about my work as a Doula and I made these to take with me. They were a total hit and oohh soo yum! Let’s get to it.
- 250g of Cashew nuts
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 1Tbsp ginger infused honey
- 1tsp ground ginger
- Put the nuts in a pan to roast for about 5mins on medium to high heat,
- Drizzle in the oil when they start to get a bit o’ colour on ’em,
- Fry for another couple of minutes,
- Add the honey with the ginger and toss it all around on high heat. Watch your spoon because it’ll begin to get gooey and sticky,
- Take off the heat once it starts sizzling and all caramelised,
- Let cool and crunch away!
We had a family gathering yesterday with food, music and the much Love in the air, You know when you think, if I get any more relaxed now, I’m gonna melt…this was like that. For the gathering, I came along with this yummy number.
‘Twas originally supposed to be a carrot cake until I had a look in the fridge to find the carrots had gone bad. So I brought out a whole bunch of cake ingredients from the cupboard and asked google what to do with lots of ginger. I came upon the great Nigel Slater’s recipe and it just hit me in the head with inspiration. You can find Nigel’s lovely recipe is here: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2003/nov/23/foodanddrink.shopping.
But for this diary-free version with date syrup, gingerbread spices, orange soaked sultanas, less sugar and still lots and lots of ginger, read on.
You’ll need: Continue reading