Still in the bid to use up ingredients in my kitchen and make simple cakes, today we have a pudding cake from the bananas in the fridge.
So moreish on the inside it deserves a generous amount of cream to go with it. The best bit are these tart blackberries atop the cake that help to cut through the sweetness of the bananas. What’s not to love?
Remember if you live close by and wanna take some home with you, hit me up on Facebook and I’ll save a slice (or more) for you. A girl can only eat soo many cakes!
Thank you all.
Recipe? You’ll need
- 100g Pure spread
- 75g cane sugar
- 21/2 very ripe bananas (mashed to a pulp)
- 120g almond flour
- 130g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 150g Blackberries for the studs
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- add the mashed bananas into the fluffily mixture followed by the essence.
- Gently fold in the almond and self raising flour into the banana mixture
- Top with the blackberries
- and bake in a 180 degrees preheated oven for about 1hr