Last week, a sister of mine came over in the morning for some hang out time and I thought to make some quick ‘breakkie’ before she arrived.
This one is another gluten and diary free treat and I was just trying it out really to see if it works and it did!. Just YUMMY!!! Sooo light, sooo soft, sooo….what’s the word? yes, easy peasy 🙂
To make, you’ll need:
- 200 g sunflower butter
- 140 g caster sugar
- 200 g flour
- Zest of 2 oranges and juice of 1
- 2 eggs
- Juice of the second orange
- Sprinkling of sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy,
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix thoroughly,
- Stir in the zest and juice of the oranges,
- Fold in the flour into this mixture and mix thoroughly,
- Pour into your lined loaf tin or 8″ round cake tin.
- Bake in a 180 degrees pre-heated oven for 40 mins or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into it,
- Once it’s out of the oven, pour the remaining orange juice over the warm cake
- Sprinkle on the sugar for a somewhat crunchy topping.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin and turn it out
- Enjoy 😉