Hey guys, remember my Fruit, Veggie or What? post. Well, I finally got down to it and made something with these beauties. I wanted to make something that celebrated their beauty and made them shine on the plate so I thought to keep them just as they are then add bits and bobs to it. I just loved looking at the plate after I made them. It made me really happy and I hope it’ll do the same for you too. And another plus, it takes quickie to a whole new level. You’ll be eating it in 20 mins.
Alright, for one very hungry man who has just returned from climbing and will eat anything in his way, or 2 not so hungry people, you’ll need:
- A little splash of olive oil
- 100g mushroom (chopped in small tiny winny pieces)
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut cream
- A pinch of vegetable bouillon
- Salt to your liking
- Roasted nuts or seeds for the courgette
- A slice of cooked beetroot
- The seeds of the courgette (chopped)
- A pinch of grated carrot
- Some vinaigrette
- Cut the Courgette/Zucchini in half and scoop out the seeds (save this for the garnish)
- Toss them into boiling (must be boiling so that the guys doe’t sit and soak up too much water)
- Cook for 3 mins exactly
- Fish ’em out and run under cold water to stop any further cooking.
- Gently place in a colander to drain and dry out a little
- Heat oil in a saucepan
- Add the onions and ginger and cook until soft
- Add the mushrooms and salt and cook for about 5 mins until the mushroom juice starts to bubble
- Add the coconut cream plus the stock and stir to combine thoroughly
- Let cook for another 5 mins or until the juices reduce a little.
- Assemble as shown in the pic or you can go ahead and improvise 😉 then sit back, relax and enjoy this bit of sunshine on your plate.