Another quickie that rests yummily in thine stomach after it leaves a little bit of heat at the back of your throat, nicely offset by the subtle sweetness of agave. This is how I do it.
- 280g cooked chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain Tahini (unashamedly heaped!)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ a lemon (juiced)
- 1 roasted garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tsp roasted peri-peri chillies (crushed)
- 1 tsp Agave syrup
- 60 ml water
The lemon I used here was organic and big and half of it was enough for me. So if you’re using the ones from the supermaché, you can use the whole thing or use half of it and increase the amount of water you add. The flow is yours.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a spatula. This just makes it easier for my blender to work it’s way around.
- Pour the mixture into your food processor, or blender or insert your hand blender into the mix if you’re like me and whizz away.
- If too thick for your liking, just add more water or oil to get a nice smooth consistency. I personally like mine a bit on the textured side but it’s up to you to blend as you wish.
- Serve in a plate or bowl, drizzled with olive oil and a little sprinkling of chilli.
- Dip whatever you have at hand in it and savour ‘zee flava’ 😉