I had the inspiration to make these from the fab Vegangela where the original recipe called for peanut butter. I thought it was really good with peanut butter but decided to make it differently as I am biased towards cashew nuts. So I made these with the simplest ingredients and they were great without needing to add any extra sugar. The cashew purée is already sweet on its own and coupled with the dates makes it a real dessert treat for those sweet teeth.
- 1/2 cup of puffed quinoa
- 1/4 cup of cashew nut purée
- 1 1/2 tbsp of finely chopped dates
You’ll just have to
- Mix dates with the cashew purée
- Add in your puffed quinoa and mix it all in with a spoon or if you’re like me, you can get your fingers in it.
- Put in the fridge for about 15 mins to get a little hard and rollable
- Lastly roll out into 6 balls and serve immediately or put into the fridge until ready to serve.