Year in and year out, when it is a friends birthday, a house-warming party, a leaving party, I almost never come without a cheesecake in hand. Reason is, everyone love a bit ‘o’ cake and cheesecake even better..well my friends do. So after much asking after my recipe, I am finally going to put it on here guys. I particularly dedicate this one to Francessca mama mia! 🙂
So this is the basis that I use for all my cheesecakes.
- 230 g biscuits ( I like to use McVities digestives but remember it’s your flow and you can use whatever tickles your fancy 🙂 )
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 450 g cream cheese (I use Philly type)
- 1 tsp vanilla or 1 vanilla pod cut length-wise and the seed scraped out
- 3 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 80 ml double cream
- Crush biscuits till it looks like beach sand or well almost 🙂 and add in the melted butter.
- Press the butter biscuits into the base of a lined 8 inch springform tin
- Put in the fridge to harden as you prepare your cream cheese mixture
- Whizz in a food processor or beat together by hand all the cream cheese mixture ingredients being gentle and incorporating as little air as possible here. This prevents your cheesecake from cracking when baking.
- Pour this into the biscuit base
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 40 mins
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in there to cool for 30 mins
- Bring out to cool for a further 30 mins and it’s ready.